Power Supplies for Medical Equipment
Laser use in medical equipment is increasing which greater adoption in both Aesthetic and Surgical treatments. This broader use of medical lasers increases the system design challenges faced by OEMs. There is a greater need for multifunction equipment that addresses a wider range of treatments. Increased numbers of treatments take place in clinics and surgeries, so portability, size, and weight become more important features for all end-customer equipment. Acoustic noise needs to be minimised in these environments to maximize patient comfort through treatments. These performance parameters all must be achieved while meeting stringent medical safety and EMI regulations.
Trends in the Medical Laser market include:
- Increasing usage of lasers in Aesthetic, Surgical, Ophthalmic & Therapeutic treatments.
- Increase in surgical procedures, which has led to a sustained acceleration in product development cycles.
- Need for faster surgical and aesthetic treatment times to improve patient outcomes and clinic workload.
- While the Covid pandemic has impacted the market, the industry is expected to grow again at CAGR of >8% from 2022 onwards.
- Equipment is located at clinics or hospitals, clinics so portability, size and weight become more important features & acoustic noise is even less tolerated
- Smaller multi-functional systems needing mixed-voltage (configurable) & mixed-technology (high-voltage) co-existence
- Increased regulatory complexity
Advanced Energy power supplies are designed for demanding medical and Cosmetic Laser applications, so laser manufacturers can optimize designs for high performance, reliability, and compliance. Advanced Energy can be your total power solution partner.
What We Power
- Charging Capacitors
- Cooling Pumps
- TEC Elements
- Pockels Cells
- Control Electronics
High Voltage Power Supply Required for Use in Femtosecond Laser Surgery System
AE’s UltraVolt HVA series, designed to operate in demanding medical applications, is an ideal solution for laser surgery systems that require high voltage and fast switching DC-DC power supplies. Read how a leading ophthalmic surgery manufacturer selected the HVA for its tight control and ability to sink and source current for a new femtosecond ophthalmic laser surgery system.
Here you will find further products and information – ADVANCED ENERGY